Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pococabana in Minisink Hills, PA

The Pococabana was a gigantic resort that existed from the 1950's to 1970's. Most of it burned to the ground in 1973. Some of the out building survived and are now apartments. I took this photo of one of the surviving buildings. It's kind of sad to see these photos side by side. I wil definitely be posting more about the Pococabana in the future. You can see the remaining buildings on both sides of Route 209 about 1/4 mile before Buttermilk Falls Road.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, glad I found this webpage! Was looking so long for pics of Pococabana! My family has been going there the 2nd week of July before I was born (1958), but my memories & pics are from time I was 6 (1964) right up until Pococabana was no more :( Got some fond memories & pics of Jimmy Festa (guy who got everybody on stage for talent night) and the guy who took pics of everybody (he had placed pics in 'cards,' with name of Pococabana-Poconos "Just For The Fun Of It," with his address on back: Lawrence Studio 526 Main Street Stroudsburg, Pa) I do recall one day (year of ?), when we were planning to go to Pococabana, and were horrified to find it gone!! We then went to Mountain Lake House until that place also closed down :( Never cared for FernWood, I was in love with Pococabana! Miss that place so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for some reason my email was not included in above post
      ferfyliz@gmail.com please contact me?

      Delete
    2. I remember going there in early 60s with my family. I had a crush on Tony the girl that worked at the snack bar... also yelling TALLY HO to get a ride down the hill from are room GREAT TIMES!

      Delete
  2. My dad's parents lived right by the Pococabana and would visit them in the 1950's and 60's. Was always intrigued by this resort!

    ReplyDelete