Thursday, March 27, 2014

Schmitt's Mountain Resort / Pierce's Landing in Minisink Hills, PA

I found a tiny ad on page 37 of the June 6, 1948 issue of the Brooklyn Eagle. This is the text from the ad:

Schmitt's Mountain Resort
Minsink Hills, PA (Pocono Mts.)
Mother's home cooking, fresh vegetables, all new innerspring mattresses, rooms with running hot and cold water, sports, recreation hall, spacious lawns fun and relaxation. Accomodates 50 persons. Write for booklet.
832-836 WKLY, tel. Stroudsburg 2077-73

The newspaper page is in the form of a PDF and the ad is a little blurry. At least I now know that there was a booklet for the resort. I will be going to the Monroe County Historical Association in the coming weeks to do more research on Schmitt's. It became Pierce's Landing, an apartment complex in November 1994 and I've lived here since then. I heard the place was haunted when I moved in. I've lived in 2 apartments here so far and I've been in my current apartment since 2007. I've always lived alone here. I was touched on the shoulder and woken up by children's voices in my first apartment. I've been touched many times in my current apartment. I've woken up to hearing sighs by my bed and one time I woke up because I heard a child's voice saying "pa?" next to my bed. One morning in the fall of 2013 I saw a full-body apparition of a woman next to my bed. It's not a scary place though. It's a very nice, very well landscaped place to live. Eventually,  I will post a detailed documentation of my experiences here.

1 comment:

  1. I worked for a summer about Schmitt's Mountain Rest. Can you describe the full-body apparition?

    ReplyDelete