Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Schmidling house on Hillside Drive in Minisink Hills, PA

This house has sat empty since 1994. It's right across the street from my apartment and I can see it from my window. When I asked my landlord about the house he told me that the woman wanted her family to keep the house as it is after she died because she's going to come back and live in it when she is reincarnated. I was told that the family lives out of state. Someone busted the back door to get in and the doorway to get in is boarded up. I looked in a broken window and took some photos. I wish I could've walked in. About six months ago I had a dream that I was inside the house and the woman who lived there was standing in a doorway. She showed me how she could now appear as an old woman or a young woman or whatever age she wanted. I am still trying to find out the name of the family that lived there. I heard that all of Hillside Drive was once farmland and the medicine containers to treat mange on animals makes it obvious that there were once animals kept on the property.
Update: I just found out that Inez Zimmerman Schmidling lived in the house. She was 84 years old when she died in Mercy Hospital in Wiles-Barre, PA on October 23, 1996. I was told by one of my neighbors that her son was taking care of the house and that the house has extensive water damage and there is black mold everywhere. My neighbor told me that there is a very nice staircase in the house that when you walk up "it doesn't even feel like you're walking up." My neighbor is also the second person to tell me that Inez's bedroom is the only room in the house that does not have black mold. This is probably just because the water damage in this bedroom is not as extensive as it is in the rest of the house but...maybe there's a spookier explanation!
</p>

1 comment:

  1. This house is steeped in local history. Before the damage to the house, in the winter of 98-99, it was regal inside. Almost museum like with fine wall hangings and furniture from abroad. Built in the 1800's, it was occupied by the same family for generations. The last of the 2nd generation passed away in 04. There is much to the history and I can share most with you, if you're still interested.

    ReplyDelete